Sunday, March 14, 2010

UPDATE: It's Big, It's Heavy, It's Birchwood.ca

Super-sleuth Janis Schellenberg had it figured out all along.

An update to the out-of-home teaser campaign that confused a goodly chunk of Winnipeg was unveiled this past week.

As it happens, it *was* for Birchwood Automotive Group.



















I still think the single flaming log with the .ca extension was a bad idea.

I think a .com or .ca or whatever address is, on its own, a kind of call to action.

You're unconsciously asking people to visit a website, but leaving them guessing about where to go.

I guess you can make the arguement that it was meant to be a teaser, but I don't think it could obviously be interpreted that way. This wasn't the Cloverfield campaign, ominously depicting a headless Statue of Liberty and a date. That generated buzz. The log generated confusion.





















Anyways, the new Birchwood site looks good.

Mystery solved. I am now going for coffee and a Scooby Snack.

-Jay

2 comments:

  1. BAH! it is a lame teaser campaign. oh well it wasn't my hard earned cash wasted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty silly of Birchwood to think their new website deserved a teaser campaign. If you're going to tease me about your new website, it better have more than a flaming log.

    ReplyDelete